Multi Gas Detector
Dräger X-am® 2500 Portable Gas Detector
Model: Dräger X-am® 2500 Ex, O2, CO, H2S Sensor
The Dräger X-am 2500 was especially developed for use as personal protection.
The 1 to 4 gas detectors reliably detect combustible gases and vapors, as well as O2, CO, NO2, SO2 and H2S.
Reliable and fully mature measuring technology, durable sensors and easy handling guarantee a high degree of safety with extremely low operating costs.
Durable Electrochemical Sensors
- Fully developed, high performance Dräger sensors in an extra small format for CO, H2S, O2, SO2 and NO2 gases enable safe use in industry, mining and in refineries.
- The impressive hydrogen sulphide sensor has a high resolution, so it can reliably measure even very low workplace limits.
- The non-consumptive and lead-free sensor for oxygen is characterized by an especially long service life of more than 5 years.
- Our CO and H2S sensors also have this long service life expectation, so they contribute to especially low operating costs.
Poison Resistant Ex -Sensor
- The innovative, catalytic Ex sensor is impressive due to its high resistance to silicone and hydrogen sulphide.
- Together with the high degree of drift stability, this resistance enables an extraordinarily long service life of more than 4 years. Its sensitivity about flammable gases and vapors is tested in accordance with the technical approval for measuring IEC/EN 60079-29-1 from methane to nonane.
- This approval also demonstrates the suitability of this instrument for primary explosion protection, e.g. for use in refineries and in the chemical industry.
- The Dräger X-am 2500 has Ex approval for zone 0, so it is clearly designed for very high user safety in areas subject to explosion hazard.
- The functional design ensures that gas can enter from above and from the side – even if the instrument is inside a pocket or if the front gas entry is accidentally covered.
Maintenance: fast, easy, inexpensive
- From functional test to complete documentation, users have access to practical solutions that provide safety for implementation at any time.
- The Dräger Bump Test Station, which does not require a local power source, and the automatic Dräger X-dock testing and calibration station for comprehensive equipment management are ideal system additions that save time and effort.
- Together with the Dräger X-dock, the high quality Dräger sensors enable quick bump tests of 8 to 15 seconds1 with very low gas consumption. This significantly reduces your equipment operating costs.
- 1) With standard sensors: CH4, O2, CO, H2S
Diffusion or pump
- For clearance measurements for tanks and shafts or when searching for leaks, an optional external pump with a hose up to 30 m long is the optimum solution.
- The pump starts automatically when the measuring instrument is inserted in the external pump. The switch from diffusion to pump operation can be handled quickly and easily without tools or screws.
Ergonomic and Robust
- Thanks to its low weight and ergonomic design, the Dräger X-am 2500 offers a high degree of wearing comfort.
- The practical 2008 two button control panel and easy menu navigation allow the instrument to be used intuitively, despite its comprehensive functionality.
- The integrated protective rubber coating and sensors that are not sensitive to shock provide additional safety in case of impacts or vibrations. More-over, the Dräger X-am 2500 is not sensitive to electromagnetic radiation, e.g. from wireless devices.
- The Dräger X-am 2500 is water and dust resistant in accordance with protection class IP67, so it remains fully functional even if it falls into the water.
Reliable power supply
- The Dräger X-am 2500 can operate with either alkaline batteries or with rechargeable NiMH batteries. This enables a reliable power supply for more than 12 hours, and with the high capacity battery pack more than 13 hours.
- Depending on the requirements, the batteries can be charged either in the workshop or in a vehicle. Operating time without Ex sensor is typically more than 250 hours.
Dräger X-am® 5000 upto 5 Gases Sensor
The Dräger X-am® 5000 belongs to a generation of gas detectors, developed especially for personal monitoring applications. This 1- to 5-gas detector reliably measures combustible gases and vapors as well as O2 and harmful concentrations of toxic gases, organic vapors, Odorant and Amine.
Ergonomic mobile phone design
- Despite its advanced functionality, the Dräger X-am 5000’s practical mobile phone design and light weight make it comfortable to carry.
- Reduced to its essentials, the two-button control panel and easy to follow menu allow for intuitive use.
Flexible Sensor Exchange
- It is easy to exchange, upgrade or calibrate the sensors to other gases.
- The ability to customize the Dräger X-am 5000’s sensors makes more applications possible, including rental equipment.
Poison-resistant ex sensor
- For improved safety when facing unknown and potentially explosive hazards – the Dräger X-am 5000 provides dependable warnings in the event of explosive atmospheres thanks to the high level of sensitivity of the innovative catalytic Ex sensor.
- It not only responds quickly to explosive gases and combustible organic vapors, but is also highly resistant against sensor poisons such as silicone and hydrogen sulfide.
- In combination with its long-term stability this offers an extraordinary long expected sensor lifetime of more than 4 years. This will reduce your operational costs.
Durable Sensor Technology
- Equipped with durable XXS sensor technology, the Dräger X-am 5000 offers maximum security at extremely low operational costs.
- The sensor’s resistance, in combination with its long term stability, provides the sensor with a lifetime in excess of four years, which can help reduce your operational costs.
Robust and Watertight
- The Dräger X-am 5000 is water and dust resistant according to IP 67 standards.
- This means that the detector remains fully functional and ready for use even after being dropped into water.
- The integrated rubber protection and shock-proof sensors provide additional resistance to impact and vibration.
- Moreover, the Dräger X-am 5000 is resistant to electromagnetic interference.
- The optional external pump, which operates with a hose up to 30 (98 feet) meters long, makes it possible to use the detector for pre-entry measurements into confined spaces such as tanks, shafts, etc.
- The pump starts automatically when the detector is inserted.
- In combination with the Dräger X-zone® 5000 the gas detector can be used for various area monitoring applications.
- Up to 25 Dräger X-zone 5000 units can be automatically interconnected to form a wireless fence line. This interconnection of the area monitoring devices allows for the fast securing of larger areas, e.g. pipelines or industrial tanks – even within the scope of industrial shutdowns.
- Optimum solutions for function or bump tests and calibrations
- Simple, fast and professional: from a function or bump test to complete documentation, users can choose from a range of practical, on-site solutions that offer maximum safety for every application. The automatic test and calibration station Dräger X-dock® and the Dräger Bump Test Station are ideal system extensions that save time and reduce workload. Fresh air, mixed gas and single gas calibrations can be done directly using the Dräger X-am 5000 menu.
Flexible power supply
- The Dräger X-am 5000 can be used with the standard alkaline batteries. In addition, it can be fitted with a T4 battery that can be charged while still inside the instrument.
- An optional Save Energy Mode makes it possible to increase the operating time of Dräger X-am 5000 to more than 40 hours.
- This is done by selecting a measurement interval of either 1 second (the standard), 10 or 20 seconds for the CatEx sensor.
Dräger X-am® 5600 upto 6 Gases Sensor
Featuring an ergonomic design and innovative infrared sensor technology, the Dräger X-am 5600 is the smallest gas detection instrument for the measurement of up to 6 gases.
Ideal for personal monitoring applications, this robust and water-tight detector provides accurate, reliable measurements of explosive, combustible and toxic gases and vapors as well as oxygen.
Small yet robust
- Small, light and easy to use – the robust and water-tight gas detector X-am 5600 is designed for single-handed operation in tough industrial environments.
- Water- and dustproof according to IP 67 and with an integrated rubber boot, the device provides optimal functionality even under harsh conditions.
Durable infrared technology
- Thanks to the high stability and a resistance to contamination, Dräger infrared sensors can generally be used for up to eight years.
- This advanced technology reduces the cost of ownership considerably because less replacement sensors are needed.
- In addition, a sensor calibration is only necessary every 12 months which reduces maintenance costs.
Single or dual sensor – accurate measurement results
- The infrared sensor IR Ex allows the measurement of explosive, combustible hydrocarbons in the range of the lower explosive limit.
- The infrared sensor IR CO2, with a measurement resolution of 0.01 Vol.-%, provides safe and exact measurements as well as a warning against toxic concentrations of carbon dioxide in the ambient air.
- For those applications where the reliable measurement of explosive substances and CO2 is specifically needed, the advantages of both can be achieved by a dual sensor (Dual IR CO2/Ex).
Also in combination with Hydrogen
- Besides hydrocarbons, hydrogen can also be an explosive gas.
- Because sensors based on infrared technology do not warn against hydrogen explosion dangers, the gas detector X-am 5600 combines two sensor signals (Infrared Ex and electrochemical H2) for reliable hydrogen detection.
- The X-am 5600 provides the advantages of poison-free technology to be used in areas where, until now, only catalytic Ex sensors have been used.
Various monitoring possibilities
- Thanks to the combination of innovative infrared technology and the latest electrochemical Dräger XXS miniature sensors, this 1-to-6 gas detector reliably detects explosive, combustible and harmful concentrations of O2, Cl2, CO, CO2, H2, H2S, HCN, NH3, NO, NO2, PH3, SO2, O3, Amine, Odorant, COCl2 and organic vapors.
- With the PC software Dräger CC-Vision, the sensors can easily be exchanged, calibrated or converted to meet the needs of different applications.
- An optional external pump which can be operated with hoses up to 30 m or 98 ft. in length is the perfect solution for pre-entry measurements in tanks or pipelines. To monitor entire areas, the gas detector X-am 5600 can be used in combination with the innovative air monitor Dräger X-zone 5000.
Suitable for Ex-Zone 0
- The small and reliable gas detector is suitable for use in areas classified as zone 0, which are areas where explosive atmospheres are always to be expected.
- In combination with the Dräger X-zone 5000 the gas detector can be used for various area monitoring applications.
- Up to 25 Dräger X-zone 5000 units can be automatically interconnected to form a wireless fence line.
- This interconnection of the area monitoring devices allows for the fast securing of larger areas, e.g. pipelines or industrial tanks – even within the scope of industrial shutdowns.
Dräger X-am® 7000 with inbuilt pump
Dräger X-am® 7000 is the solution for the simultaneous and continuous measurement of up to five gases.
It is the ideal companion in a variety of applications where the reliable detection of oxygen, toxic and combustible gases and vapors are necessary.
Flexibility through sensor variety
- The extensive portfolio of over 25 different Dräger Sensors enables the detection of more than 100 gases and vapors.
- The Dräger X-am 7000 can be equipped with three electrochemical, and two catalytic beads, infrared or photo ionization sensors.
- During operation, it is also possible with the catalytic-Ex sensor to change the gas being measuring or the measurement range of the sensor.
- In this way, the instrument can be easily adapted to various applications. Dräger Sensors are renowned for their fast response time, minor cross sensitivities, high level of accuracy and long lifetimes.
Intelligent and Interchangeable Sensors
- In addition to the electrochemical sensors, the catalytic, infrared and photo ionization sensors are automatically recognized by the instrument upon insertion.
- All sensors are pre-calibrated, and therefore a reconfiguration of the Dräger X-am 7000 can be done by simply changing the sensor.
- No additional service or maintenance is necessary.
Poison Resistant Ex-sensor
- Advanced safety in explosive atmospheres: thanks to the high sensitivity of the innovative Ex-sensor to combustible organic vapors the Dräger X-am 7000 warns reliable of danger of explosions.
- It not only responds quickly to combustible gases and vapors, it is also characterized by its high resistance against silicone and hydrogen sulphide contamination.
- In combination with the high degree of drift stability, this resistance enables an extraordinarily long service life of more than four years. This will reduce your operational costs.
Robust and Watertight
- In addition to the built-in dust and water filter, the Dräger X-am 7000 can be submersed in up to 1 m or 3 ft. of water without damage. A specially designed rubber boot protects the instrument against damage even from a drop of 1.5 m or 5 ft.
Built for longevity
- The completely new design of the rechargeable battery pack with intelligent charging management guarantees full functionality of the instrument over a period of up to 20 hours.
- An alkaline battery pack is also available. The Dräger Sensors used in the Dräger X-am 7000 have a typical lifetime of over 5 years.
- If, over time, a sensor exchange is necessary, the modular approach of the instrument allows for this in a few simple steps.
- Alarm conditions cannot be ignored because of the extremely loud multi-tone horn.
- In addition, the visual alarm can be seen 360°, ensuring that the user notices the warning.
- By generating an optional life-signal every six seconds, the Dräger X-am 7000 confirms that it is functioning properly.
- A built-in high-performance pump draws in the gas to be measured through a hose of up to 45 m length. The pump is continuously monitored for blockages.
Easy Detection of Leakages
A flexible “gooseneck” probe eases the search for leakages on pipelines, valves, flanges, etc. In the tracking mode, the instrument generates an increasing or decreasing rate of beeps, depending on the gas concentration detected.
Information at one glance
- The large graphic display and the auto-zoom function during alarms guarantee an easy recognition of the measurement values and symbols displayed for immediate reaction to the situation or hazards. All information is provided in plain text for easy understanding.
Intuitive Software Functions
- The software menu within the Dräger X-am 7000 was designed in partnership with our customers making it simple and easy to use.
- With the help of Dräger CC-Vision software, up to five different detection applications can be saved within the instrument.
- By doing so, the use of different instrument configurations can be set for that specific application. During operation, a simple change between these set parameters can be done via the instrument ‘s menu.
- An integrated data logger logs up to 3000 sets of values – that equals 100 hours when recording one set per minute. The data can then be transferred to and evaluated on a PC using an infrared interface together with the Dräger Gas Vision software package.
Drager Acuuro Pump & Drager Tubes
Fast measurement with one hand: The Dräger Tube pump accuro allows you to use the established Dräger Tubes to take measurements under extreme conditions. The easy-to-use Dräger Tubes have already been calibrated and form a perfect unit with the Dräger Tube pump.
Mobile spot measurement
- This manual pump is used for spot measurements such as the detection of concentration peaks, confined space entry, worst-case scenarios etc.
Functional bellows pump
- The Dräger-Tube pump accuro draws in 100 ml per stroke. When measuring, the pump body (bellows) is pressed together completely.
- The exhaust valve is closed during the opening phase of the bellows so that the gas sample flows through the connected Dräger-Tube into the pump.
- After the complete opening of the pump body into its original position the suction process is finished.
- The end of stroke is visible by a pressure controlled end of stroke indication, located in the pump head.
- During the sampling process the substances to be evaluated are firstly accumulated on a suitable carrier material, e.g. activated charcoal, silica gel and so on.
- The air to be evaluated is thereby drawn over the respective material – with a predefined flow rate and duration.
- Afterwards, the substances that have accumulated on the carrier material through adsorption or chemisorption are examined qualitatively and quantitatively in the laboratory using instrumental analysis such as gas chromatography.
- Frequently, measurements need to take place under extreme conditions, e.g. on ladders, in shafts or when wearing heavy breathing protection. The Dräger-Tube pump accuro can easily be operated with one hand and enables a reliable measurement also in difficult-to-access place